An indulgent snack made right in your kitchen! These tasty treats are great frozen or room temperature. The chickpea butter filling and the creamy chocolate is the perfect combination!
Chickpea Butter Cups
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Semi Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ tsp Salt
- CHICKPEA FILLING
- ½ cup Crunchy Chickpea Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Prepare the chocolate double broiler style (if you do not have a double broiler you can use a pot filled ¾ full of simmering water with a glass bowl fit snug over the top) by melting the coconut oil and semi sweet chocolate together first.
- Once the coconut oil and semi sweet chocolate have reached a smooth texture, whisk in the honey, sugar, and cacao powder. It is recommended to add the salt last to match your own preference on the salty-sweet approach.
- Prepare a muffin tin with liners and fill them with the chocolate mixture just enough so the bottom is covered, then into the freezer (for 15 minutes or until solid) they go!
- While the chocolate sets, begin working on the nut butter filling, which is as simple as combining all the ingredients together until a dough is formed (it is recommended to taste
- the dough to make sure, again, that the saltiness is to your liking).
- By this time the chocolate should be frozen and you can begin spooning the dough (1/2 tablespoon size) and rolling them between your hands into balls.
- Proceed to flatten the dough between your palms to just under the size of the liner (to allow the chocolate, when poured, to seep over the edges of the dough and cover the whole cup).
- Next, drop the dough in the cups and pour the chocolate over the top, filling the liner.
- Now the hard part begins...they must be placed back into the freezer until completely solid. If the paper doesn’t easily peel away from the cups they should be put back. After about 45 minutes they should be solid and ready to eat! Enjoy!